Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Beachy Bridal Shower


A few weekends ago Miss Carissa, Alyssa and myself threw a beachy bridal shower for this lovely bride-to-be...


But first, the "before" pictures of my beachy bridal shower / wedding projects...

Soon-to-be ring pillow...

Soon-to-be flower basket...
Ring Pillow & Flower Basket Materials 
Pillow: $7.00 @ Wal-Mart (I just ripped the extras off of it)
Pail: Cutting Pail $3.50 @ Lowe's
Star Fish: $3.00 @ Hobby Lobby
Sea Shells: $4.00 @ Hobby Lobby
Ribbon: $1.50 @ Joann's
Spray Paint: Silver $3.00 + White $3.00 = $6.00 @ Wal-Mart
Hot Glue & Gun: $0.00 (already had on hand)

Soon-to-be not ugly couch pillows...
...and the super cute buttons for those soon-to-be no longer ugly pillows...
Couch Pillow Covers Materials
Brown Material: Flat Sheet $3.00 @ Wal-Mart
Vintage Buttons: 50% off of $3.50 = $1.75 @ Joann's
Thread: $0.00 (already had on hand)

Okay, so back to the shower...

The coffee table transformed into bridal shower bliss...

The finished flower basket became a sand / seashell filled centerpiece...  
{Notice my lovely, recovered pillows in the background... I told you they were soon-to-be not ugly anymore!}

I picked the lilies from my mother-in-law's garden; the mini vases are little votive candle holders.  The tea light holders were on sale for $0.50 at Wal-Mart a few weeks back.

The sand and sand dollars traveled back with me from our Padre Island trip.  I borrowed all the other incredible shells seen at this shower from my mom's collection that was just donated to her by a dear, dear friend.

Sweets, Treats & Munchy Eats...

We kept the menu light in line with the breezy theme.
Fruity chicken salad served on crackers, fruit kabobs, a veggie tray, homemade summer salsa served on chips with cupcakes and kisses for sweets and lemonade, sweet tea and water for drinks.
 I was also thrilled to put my thrift store milk glass vases to use!



I decided to go ahead and set the ring pillow out for another little decorative piece.  Of course the ladies loved the opportunity to take a "sneak peek" at some of the goodies for the big day!

The lovely bride with her mommy and sister / maid of honor...

The "streamer globe" {as I referred to it} was Carissa's brain baby.  It turned out so cute I decided to leave it up!  It will probably still be hanging when I move home here in a few weeks...

I spray painted the clothespins for that classic "forbidden words" shower game...

Thank the Lord that Miss Kristin confused my camera with her mother's and began snapping pictures of the flower basket and ring pillow!  I forgot to take any "finished product" pictures so I was thankful to find these "accidental" pics on my memory stick later!

All in all I think it was a beautiful shower with beautiful friends, family and smiles!  Kristin received many beautiful gifts and I hope she felt adequately showered in love by the end!

1 comment:

  1. It was beautiful and you guys did an awesome job! You are a perfect hostess!! :)
    Just sorry I can't be there for Kristin's big day...settle for the amazing pictures!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

We love reading comments, thanks for leaving one!