Monday, May 9, 2011

arm flapping and choral conducting

Tomorrow is my last "unofficial" day at the high school I've been student teaching at.

Allow me to explain.

My last "official" day was on the 29th because I had to turn in all my paper work for my class... and graduate this past Saturday which was joyous.

But my last "unofficial" day is tomorrow because I've been hanging around until the final concert which brings me to my point...

Tomorrow evening will be the official choral conducting debut of my career as a music educator.

I'm pumped... and nervous.

I will probably be shaking...
my hands...
my knees...
it may be difficult to follow my cues...
but we'll get through.

And when it's all said and done I'll be able to say that I had a greatly talented mentoring teacher and an incredible group of students to use as guinea pigs for my first conducting experience in the art of musical arm flapping.

It will be great... and then I will have my last official "visit" the next day... 
on donut day... 
to celebrate.  

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading comments, thanks for leaving one!