Saturday, July 2, 2011

Headed Back to High School

Most students spend their lives dreaming of getting out of high school... I've spent the past several years of my life dreaming of getting back into it.

Good news, folks, I have just been hired into my first teaching job!
This school year, I will be teaching high school choir
...my dream!

Never, in a million years, did I think I would get a high school music teaching position my first year out of the gate.  Needless to say it is a BIG program with BIG responsibilities.  I'm sure I will have more than a few moments of "Ahhh... I don't know what I'm doing here!!!" along the way.

But I am pumped about the job, the kids I will be teaching and the faculty I will be working with and I am ready to dive in!

Wish me luck... wish me sanity. ;)

I already know this is going to be a year packed full of learning, making mistakes, relearning, exciting times, difficult times and best of all... making music.  =)

If you would, say a prayer for me as I prepare to step up into this program and attempt to affect the lives of teenagers through teaching music.

1 comment:

We love reading comments, thanks for leaving one!